Sunday, September 4, 2011

Festival At Sea




So this year may have just been the best year yet! It just gets better everytime. Okay, okay! LOL! Let me slow down for those folks that don't know what the heck I'm talking about.

For the past 16 years, I have been blessed to be a part of the wonderful and awesome FESTIVAL AT SEA Cruise Staff. I do not work for Carnival Cruise Lines, but I help Blue World Travel with their summer cruise every year. I work alongside my brother Fred Hamilton handling the GOSPEL portion of the cruise. We do everything from Gospel Choir, Gospel Singing By The Piano, Worship Services, and this year we added a Gospel Breakfast! It was supposed to be one day but it grew in popularity until the entire dining room sold out and we had to spread it over 2 days. Even that was sold out. WOW! The incredible Mr. Jon Saxx is the reason it was sold out. If you have never heard him play, you should. He is from Florida and he is amazing! His passion and heart blows through each note when he plays the saxophone. The food was awesome as well. They had a very special menu created just for that special day.

Of course the other entertainment for the cruise was incredible as well. We had Charlie Wilson, Patti Labelle, AJ Jamal, Jay Lamont and Aaron McCargo, Jr. My first time seeing Ms. Patti and she was brilliant!

It has been such a blast. I have had the pleasure to meet some of the kindest people ever. 2012 I'm sure will be even better. It just sold out today, but my wife, kids and I are on the ship. Can't wait! Check out www.festivalatsea.com for more information.

-Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or a question or just say hi. Also, connect with me at www.reverbnation.com/marcusdyson Thanks for stopping by! God bless.